Dr.-Ing. Andre Puschmann
Dr.-Ing. Andre Puschmann has left our group. The information found here might be out of date.
Research focusMy research interests include wireless communication systems and protocol design, development, and practical implementation and validation. In particular, I am interested in link layer protocols for ultra-reliable applications, including vehicular networks, machine-to-machine communication, and next generation cellular networks. Within our group, we have a strong system building attitude, employing software-defined radios (SDRs) for practical experiments.
Personal informationPlease visit my private homepage for accessing all papers as PDF. I'm an active open-source supporter and contributor. Most of the programming work I am doing is shared on github.
TPC member/reviewerI'm a TPC member/reviewer for the following conferences/magazines:
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), VTC2015-Spring
- IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) 2015
- IEEE Wireless Communication Magazine
- IEEE International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT) 2012
- EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking (EURASIP JWCN)
- IEEE Wireless Communications Letters
Job offers for studentsDespite the open topics listed below, we always have interesting job offers or open research questions in our group. Currently, we are urgently looking for several highly motivated students with a background in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics. The successful candidate must have the motivation to work in a team and good knowledge in at least one of the following fields:
- Programming in C/C++
- Programming Digital Signal Processors (DSPs)
- Digital signal processing
- Digital filter design
- FPGA programming (VHDL or Verilog)
Hinweis für deutsche StudentenAlle angebotenen Arbeiten können selbstverständlich auch in Deutsch bearbeitet bzw. verfasst werden.
- Cognitive Radio Experimentation World (CREW) Project- Open Call Partner
- Cognitive Radio Networking Lab (Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung)
- GS Mobicom - International Graduate School on Mobile Communications
Thesis or Seminars
- Comparison of Real-Time Capable MAC Protocols using OMNet++ (Master thesis, Advanced Research Project (MSCSP))
- Comparison of Rendezvous Algorithm for Cognitive Radio networks (Advanced Seminar)
- Evaluating the CSMA-based MAC Protocol using a Software Defined Radio Test-bed (Master thesis)
- Implementation of a consensus algorithm (Student research project, Project Work, Bachelor Thesis, Advanced Research Project (MSCSP))
- Radio Resource Management for M2M Applications in 5G Networks (Student research project, Master thesis, Advanced Research Project (MSCSP))
- Survey on Deadline-based Scheduling Algorithms for LTE (Advanced Seminar, Advanced Research Project (MSCSP))
- Survey on Delay-aware Joint Uplink/Downlink Scheduling in LTE (Advanced Seminar, Advanced Research Project (MSCSP))
- Survey on Distributed Time Synchronization and Clock Drift Compensation Protocols (Advanced Seminar)
- Survey about SDR platforms for MAC layer development (Advanced Seminar)