Influence Estimation of the Different Error Sources onto Aerial Base Station Placement Problem
- Kind of work:
- Student research project, Advanced Seminar, Bachelor Thesis
M.Sc. Oleksandr Andryeyev
- Nowadays a problem of a mobile base station (MBS) placement attracts more and more attention. Movement capabilities of the MBS can be used to follow a crowd of cellular users. Therefore, a placement algorithm for MBS needs to be implemented. The performance of the algorithm is dependent on the accuracy of the provided data and accuracy of the algorithm itself. Localization accuracy, radio propagation model estimation etc. contributes to the final results.
* Literature study on error modelling in aerial and communication systems;
* Preparation of several scenarios and models in order to evaluate the influence of the particular error source;
* Influence estimation of different error sources and performance analysis of the proposed approach using simulations in Python.
* Analytical mind, ability to work independently
* Knowledge of communications systems and software development
* Python programming skills
* Git and Linux knowledge will be a plus
 Oleksandr Andryeyev, Andreas Mitschele-Thiel: Increasing the Cellular Network Capacity Using Self-Organized Aerial Base Stations , 3rd Workshop on Micro Aerial Vehicle Networks, Systems, and Applications (DRONET 17), MobiSys 2017, ACM , Niagara Falls, New York, USA, June 2017
 M. Mozaffari, W. Saad, M. Bennis, and M. Debbah, "Drone Small Cells in the Clouds: Design, Deployment and Performance Analysis," in Proc. of the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), Wireless Networks Symposium, San Diego, CA, USA, December 2015.
 R. Irem Bor Yaliniz, Amr El-Keyi, Halim Yanikomeroglu: Efficient 3-D placement of an aerial base station in next generation cellular networks. ICC 2016: 1-5