TU Ilmenau
Old technical school around 1900 (Curiebau)

Our institute is located in the Curiebau, the so-called "Alte Technikum", a part of the Georg-Schmidt-Technikum. The Institute of Mathematics was founded around 1953, the first director of the institute was Prof. Karl Bögel. At the end of 1968, the institutes were dissolved as a result of the 3rd university reform, and sections were founded in their place. Since the reorganization of the university after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, there is again an Institute of Mathematics, which belongs to the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.