The Chief Information Officer (CIO) advises the university management on matters relating to information and communication (ICT), establishes university-wide IT management and works continuously on the further development of the university's IT strategy. The areas of data protection and IT security also play a central role in this.
Fields of Activity
- Preparation of decisions on fundamental issues of IT development and strategic planning concerning the University.
- Development and monitoring of the overall IT strategy of the University, including IT security
- Coordinating and establishing the binding nature of all measures relating to IT development
- Regulation of the interaction of IT employees in the central and decentralized areas of the University
- Preparation of an annual overall IT plan
- Assessment of major IT investments
- External representation of the President in IT matters in accordance with the President's express mandate
- Responsibility for the further development of the IT-supported external presentation of the TU Ilmenau
- Responsibility for the IT-supported internal presentation of the TU Ilmenau