SVCP2022 - Summer School on Video Coding and Processing
The 7th ITG/VDE Graduate Summer School on Video Compression and Processing is aiming at providing a forum for informal knowledge exchange and discussion of innovative research ideas among doctoral students working in the field of image and video communication and image signal processing. It takes place at the TU Ilmenau on 4 - 5 July 2022 and is locally organized by the Audiovisual Technology Group.
The summer school atmosphere is intended to be very informal and less restrictive than a typical workshop or conference, thus stimulating discussions and inspiring joint research among the participating PhD students.
Topics of Interest
- Techniques for next generation image and video coding
- Machine learning for image, video and data processing and compression
- Compression algorithms for 2D, 3D, 360-degree and multi-view video and images
- Coding and processing of multispectral data
- Image and video signal analysis
- Quality assessment/Quality of Experience (QoE)
- Virtual, mixed and augmented reality
- Technology for video transmission and networked systems
- Architecture and implementation aspects
Contributions focus on novel research aspects but do not have to provide unpublished material. Presentations, posters, or demos can be an overview of the participant’s research fields including challenges, open topics, and problems in current research. The aim is to bring together young researchers with similar topics and provide a basis for fruitful scientific discussions, motivating future cooperation.