Technische Universität Ilmenau
Fakultät für Informatik und Automatisierung
Fachgebiet Künstliche Intelligenz
apl. Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Rainer Knauf
Postfach 10 05 65
Prof. Knauf: Zusebau, Raum 3061
Sekretariat: Zusebau, Raum 3060
Tel. dienstl.: +49 3677 69 1445
Fax dienstl.: +49 3677 69 1665
Tel. privat: +49 361 3 73 38 67
Fax privat: +49 361 6 02 66 73
Mobiltel.: +49 172 9 41 86 42
Rainer Knauf bekam am 04.11.2020 den Thüringer Verdienstorden verliehen.
Rainer Knauf received the Medal of Merit from the state of Thuringia on November 4th, 2020.
Empfang beim außerordentlichen und bevollmächtigten Botschafter von Japan in Deutschland, seiner Exzellenz Yagi Taishi und seiner Frau am 31.01.2020.
The Japanese Ambassador in Germany with his wife.
This is my 1st Japanese Student I co-guided to become a Doctor at Tokyo Denki University. He made it within three years only, just like me 1987-1990, 30 years ago :-)
I am going to give a talk on Artificial Intelligence for the German-Japanese Economy Forum (Deutsch-Japanisches Wirtschaftsforum) in Düsseldorf on April 16, 2018. The tightrope walk between well-grounded science and rather application oriented AI may be a challenge. However, I try and I also try to open some doors for our Japan addicted students for internships or Thesis work at Japanese enterprises.
This is how Meiji University reported about our visit there.
“During the official Delegation visit of the Thuringian Minister of Economy, Science and the Digital Society, Wolfgang Tiefensee, in Japan, Rainer Knauf signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Tokyo Denki University (東京電機大学) on October 2nd, 2017 and a Letter of Intent with the famous Meiji University (明治大学) on October 3rd, 2017.”
„Rainer Knauf received the JSPS Award again (the 3rd time after 2009 and 2012) and is happy to be supported for the guest professorship in Tokyo once more. On this occasion, he will maintain official cultural relationships between our countries by giving a rather generic talk to people, who are interested in Germany and to Germans living in Tokyo at “Deutsches Kulturzentrum” in Tokyo on February 26, 2016 (http://tokyo.daad.de/wp/de_pages/termine/). Also, there are some talks about details of our Japanese-German collaborative research at universities in Osaka, Kyoto and Himeji. He will be back at Ilmenau University on April 1st.“
- Rainer Knauf received the 9th year in succession an appointment as Visiting Professor of Tokyo Denki University, Japan
- This is a poster with the announcement of a talk I am going to give in Japan soon.
- Rainer Knauf received the 8th year in succession an appointment as Visiting Professor of Tokyo Denki University, Japan
- Rainer Knauf erhielt am 12.10.2013 den Lehrpreis der TU Ilmenau / Rainer Knauf received the Teaching Award of Ilmenau University of Technology on October 12, 2013
- Rainer Knauf received the 7th year in succession an appointment as Visiting Professor of Tokyo Denki University, Japan
- Rainer Knauf received the 6th year in succession an appointment as Visiting Professor of Tokyo Denki University, Japan
- Danke, liebe Studierenden, für diese motivierende Beurteilung.