STUDIEREN INTERNATIONAL: Basics of German residence law
Series of events STUDIEREN INTERNATIONAL, winter semester 2021/2022
The series takes place ONLINE via Webex every Wednesday 17:00-18:30.
Basics of German residence law
The official rules for staying in Germany to study can be confusing and overwhelming. Under what circumstances am I allowed to work and is there a limit? Am I allowed to change my field of study? How long do I have time to complete my studies? Do I have to open a blocked account as proof of funding under all circumstances?
This lecture will answer your burning questions about the rights and obligations of foreign students and show you the pitfalls of regulations for foreigners. The following topics will be addressed in particular:
• Issuance of a residence permit and termination of the residence permit
• Extending the residence permit
• Proof of financial security
• Working alongside your studies
• Change of subject
• Visa for job search after graduation