The TU Ilmenau would like to provide all students with the same opportunities for successful study and to promote equal and self-determined participation not only in university life, but also in social life.
Prospective students and students with impairments (disabilities and/or chronic illnesses) will find important information here to help them start their studies as smoothly as possible and to help them cope with the challenges they face in their studies and living environment.
Am I one of them?
§ 2 paragraph 1 SGB IX
"Persons with disabilities are persons who have physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairments which, in interaction with attitudinal and environmental barriers, are likely to prevent them from participating in society on an equal basis for longer than six months. An impairment pursuant to sentence 1 exists if the physical and health condition deviates from the condition typical for the person's age. People are at risk of disability if an impairment according to sentence 1 is to be expected."
Also included are chronic illnesses with an episodic course, such as rheumatism, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis or allergies or partial performance disorders (e.g. dyslexia).
Working groups, networks and associations
- Federal Working Group of Hearing Impaired Students and Graduates e.V.
- German Association of Blind and Visually Impaired Students and Graduates e.V.
- German Association of the Deaf
- Hildegardis Verein e.V. - Mentoring program for female students with disabilities
- Federal Association Dyslexia and Dyscalculia e.V.
- Federal Association Stuttering & Self-Help e.V.
- German Depression Aid
- DCCV e.V. - Network for students with CED
- MS self-help group Ilmenau
- Federal Association Autism