A stay abroad enables you to perceive your field of study from a different cultural and social perspective, to expand your language skills, to make new friends worldwide and to further your intercultural education. All these experiences and newly acquired knowledge will be useful to you in your later professional career.
Before you decide to spend your studies abroad for one or two semesters or to do your internship abroad, we invite you to explore our pages and then visit the International Office in person.
We look forward to supporting you on your way to studying abroad!
Your International Office:
- plans your study visit and/or internship abroad with you
- gives important information about application requirements and application procedures
- helps you with the search for scholarships (DAAD, funding from other institutions, Fulbright, etc.)
- provides you with information material
- informs you about visa issues and insurance requirements abroad
- arranges contacts with former outgoers
- maintains contact with all partner universities
- advises you on recognition issues
On our pages you can inform yourself about the various possibilities of a stay abroad during your studies. Or you can find out in a personal conversation with us which is "your way abroad".
Helpful tips and reports on your experiences can also be found in the initiative " go out! study worldwide " of the BMBF and the DAAD.
For many students, enhancing their studies with a stay abroad has become a matter of course. It not only proves that you are independent, self-reliant and courageous, but also that you are interculturally open, flexible and experienced in communication and that you can quickly adapt to different ways of working and living as well as to different contents.
By awarding the International Certificate, the TU Ilmenau wants to underline how essential experience abroad is for studying and training. Therefore, the International Office awards this distinction on behalf of the President.