EXIST-Women: New start-up funding for female founders
The German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK) is expanding start-up funding for female entrepreneurs and founders from scientific backgrounds. To this end, the established funding program EXIST will be expanded to include the new funding line "EXIST-Women" is being added.
The new program line aims to encourage women at universities and research institutions to venture into entrepreneurial independence, so that in the future more women will act as managing directors and shareholders of innovative start-ups.
The Ilmkubator, start-up service of the TU Ilmenau, would also like to encourage female employees and students of the university to start up and apply for funding. Therefore the Ilmkubator is looking for women who are interested in founding a company and have an affinity for founding a company, who would like to further develop their start-up idea and strengthen their entrepreneurial personality.
If the funding is approved, the participants of the program will receive:
- 12-month program with knowledge, coaching & networking exclusively for women (Dec. 01, 2023 - Nov. 30, 2024)
- Placement of a mentor
- Workplace for focused work (access 24/7)
- 2,000 € for material resources (e.g. for technical equipment, material for prototypes, travel expenses, participation fees for events, additional coaching)
- optional 3-month stipend of up to € 3,000 (depending on degree, if no income or gainful employment max. 20 h/week; stipend must be taxed)
Interested women can simply apply by e-mail. Required:
- Application with:
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page) and
- Video message (max. 3 minutes; free style: audio slideshow or animation are also allowed)
- Contents: Needs and expectations for the 12-month program, motivation for self-employment, vision: where to go, current situation (student, employee, etc.)
- Exclusion criterion: already established a capital company.
- Please note that good German skills are required for taking part in the program (minimum level B2).
The documents can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, application deadline of the first application phase is 09/30/2023.
Questions can be submitted in writing to email@example.com. In addition, the Ilmkubator offers a consultation hour on EXIST Women: On September 12, interested parties can dial in via Webex between 11:00am to 12:00pm and ask their questions.