Welcome to we4you!
We are the international student service of the TU Ilmenau! Our goal is to support you in your everyday study life and to help you with words and deeds, if something should not work out right away. We help you to feel comfortable in Ilmenau!
We give you tips for your start in Ilmenau, organize events and excursions, provide you with tutors and buddies and are there for your questions online and offline. On these pages you will find all information about our team and our offers.
You have a question that is not answered on the website? Then just get in touch with us - we'll be happy to help!
And, if you would like to support international students yourself: We are always happy to have reinforcements! 😊
Everything we do, we do for you!
Other topics and external offers
We are not the only ones here for you. At the TU Ilmenau, in the surrounding area and throughout Germany, there are many other places with valuable offers for specific topics.
To find the right contact person quickly and interactively, you can use the Advisory compass of the Division for Equality, Diversity and Health. With just a few clicks, you will be guided directly to contacts who can help you.
In addition, we have summarized further contact points for you here:
Psychological and social support
- Social counseling on various topics related to everyday student life:
General Social Counseling of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen.
- Counseling for psychological difficulties such as loneliness, excessive demands, fears, lovesickness, conflicts, depression, etc.:
Psychosocial counseling of the Studierendenwerk Thüringen
- Social and psychological counseling through online conversations:
Jobs, Geld und Arbeitsrecht
Learn and speak German
- E-learning on the computer with videos, audio clips and podcasts:
Deutsche Welle online course German (A1 to C1) (free of charge)
- E-learning in 19 different languages with online tutors:
VHS learning portal German (A1 to B2) (free of charge)
- Online live lessons with native-speaking teachers and various courses:
DeutschAkademie (A1 to B2) (with fee)
- Online courses for students and/or study preparation:
DeutschUniOnline (A1 to C2) (with fee)
- Help organization for victims of (sexual) violence, stalking, crime:
Weißer Ring (White Ring)
- Counseling service for women who have experienced or fear violence:
Help hotline of the Federal Office for Family and Civil Society Tasks.
- Reporting sexism (gender-specific discrimination) and sexual assault at the university:
Equality Council of the TU Ilmenau
- Working Group for a Tolerant and Cosmopolitan Campus:
AG Diversity of the Student Council
Orientation and help search
- Overview of positions and contact persons for various topics:
Advisory Compass of the TU Ilmenau