The task of the Data Protection Officer is to ensure self-monitoring and thus effective protection of personal data at the TU Ilmenau by advising the persons responsible for the processing of personal data. He monitors compliance with the regulations contained in the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the State Data Protection Act and numerous other legal bases that regulate data processing at TU Ilmenau, and familiarizes employees with these legal and statutory regulations. In organizational terms, he is assigned to the Chief Information Officer, but is not bound by instructions in the performance of his duties and is obliged to maintain confidentiality.
Fields of Activity
- Informing and advising the controller and the employees carrying out data processing operations about their obligations
- Monitoring compliance with data protection rules and the controller's personal data protection policies, including the allocation of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of employees involved in processing operations, and reviews thereof
- Advising on data protection impact assessment and monitoring its implementation
- Cooperation with the supervisory authority
- Contact point for the supervisory authority on issues related to the processing operation