Energia Connecticum 2021: Cognitive Energy Systems
Energia Connectium, the scientific colloquium of the Thuringian Energy Research Institute (ThEFI), will take place again this year at the Technische Universität Ilmenau. For this purpose, the ThEFI invites you to a varied day of events on Friday, October 1, starting at 12 p.m. in the Audimax on the campus of the TU Ilmenau, Humboldtbau, Gustav-Kirchhoff-Platz 1.
The annual colloquium Energia Connecticum is a scientific platform for interdisciplinary exchange on current topics related to energy. In this year's Energy Year at the TU Ilmenau, the focus of the event is on the topic of cognitive energy systems.
The program includes expert presentations on innovative AI projects for the transformation to a cross-sector, flexible and sustainable energy system based on renewable energy sources, highlighting the current state and future potential of research in this field. In addition, scientists from TU Ilmenau will present their PhD and project projects at ThEFI in the context of pitches. The concluding get-together serves the scientific exchange with the participating research institutes and technology companies.
This year, the Energia Connecticum will take place in a hybrid format, so that some of the guests can be present and others can participate virtually and interactively. The current TU Ilmenau infections protection concepts applies. Interested parties who would like to participate on site can register with Ms. Susan Oxfart at firstname.lastname@example.orgSeptember 28. Participation is open to anyone who can prove that they have been vaccinated, recovered or tested.
The Thuringian Energy Research Institute - ThEFI for short - unites twelve disciplines from four departments of the Technische Universität Ilmenau in the spirit of interdisciplinary research. Here, the focus is on knowledge transfer and the further development of research expertise in all areas of energy, environmental and systems engineering, both in-house and with scientific partners. The areas of activity of the ThEFI include not only the research and development of processes related to energy, but also the corresponding marketing of research results in cooperation with industrial companies and associations.
12:00: Welcome Prof. Bretschneider and introduction to Cognitive Energy Systems
12:15: Presentation of selected AI projects and discussion
- Fraunhofer LZ InSignA - Pilot project Cross-site real-time simulation platform, Steffen Nicolai, Deputy Head of Cognitive Energy Systems, Fraunhofer IOSB-AST
- Joint project Virtual Parking Garage Storage, Dr. Stefanie Eckner, FG EEO TU Ilmenau and Sebastian Flemming, Fraunhofer IOSB-ASZ
- Growth Core smood, Matthias Oettmeier, Project Manager, Fraunhofer IOSB-AST
- BauhausMobilityLab, Lucas Richter, Scientific MA, Fraunhofer IOSB-AST
2:00: Short coffee break
2:30: Presentation of selected PhD and projects at ThEFI in 5-minute pitches
- Internal research funding TU Ilmenau: Project KITE - Artificial Intelligence in Power Engineering
- Project AutoGrid - Fully automatic operation of converter dominateddistribution gridsonbasisdynamic system images
- Presentation of further PhD projects at different ThEFI groups - t.b.a.
To the program flyer (German only, pdf, 7 MB)