Introduction to Media Economics
The FG Economic Theory offers bachelor theses on topics within the fields of
- media economics
- Competition Economics
- Regulatory and Institutional Economics
- sports economics
an. Concrete topic suggestions are listed below.
If you have your own topic idea that lies within the above-mentioned subject areas, an agreement on such an individual topic is also possible under the condition that (1) the topic is suitable for a bachelor thesis and (2) fits into our supervisory competencies.
Bachelor theses at the FG Economic Theory can be written in German or in English, according to the student's choice. The published guidelines (Guidelines) have to be followed.
If you are interested in writing a bachelor thesis at the FG Economic Theory, please make an appointment with the FG staff member responsible for this topic.
Topics for bachelor theses:
(in alphabetical order)
currently no topics offered
1. google & co - new economic policy for digital giants.
2. e-Sport & Gaming - A sports economics perspective
3. voting bias and the Eurovision Song Contest - How does the jury decide?
4. TikTok the new Instagram? Innovation and temporary monopolies
5. filter bubbles - How dangerous are they really?
6. Disney Remakes - Risk aversion and childhood memories
7. LEGO - Between interlocking bricks and Star Wars licenses
8. digital Hollywood - Disruptive innovation in film history
Unfortunately, Ms. Gänßle has no free capacity for the supervision of bachelor theses until the end of June.
1. personal data online - how much protection do consumers need?
2. do algorithms harm our news? - media bias in social networks
3. the TikTok effect - social media and (retro) music consumption
4. empirical analysis of sports leagues (Bundesliga, NFL, NBA, NHL etc.)
5. the greatest show on turf? The price of hosting the Super Bowl
6. orphan diseases - economic challenges in treatment of rare diseases
Please note that the language of theses is English.
1 Economic Challenges of Internet of Things: Case of Smart Home Data
2) Economics of the European Commission Google Android Case
3) Competition Policy in the Digital Era: Main Challenges for Germany
4) Challenges for Competition in Smart Fitness Industry
Thank you for your interest in writing a thesis at the FG Economic Theory.
You can find the course description matching your respective degree program/study regulations under themodule tables.
All documents and current information can be found in the respective Moodle course.
Competition, Strategy, and Institutions
Media Economics 1
Media Economics 2
Currently there are no topics offered by the department
Guidelines for written reports
Guidelines for written Reports
You can find information about the internship and the corresponding online form on the pages provided by the Examinations Office on the intranet