Prof. Jens Müller
Electronics Technology Group
Phone: +49 3677 69-2606
Aims of the project:
The proposed coordination center within the Quantum HUB Thuringia (QHUBTh) completes a significant addition to the existing Thuringian Innovation Center InQuoSens, in that it represents the much greater thematic breadth of novel and disruptive topics of quantum technologies for the first time in a comprehensive approach in the Free State of Thuringia. Accordingly, the goals of the project are:
- Expanding the content of the Thuringian Innovation Center for Quantum Optics and Sensor Technology in the focus area of quantum technologies.
- Increasing the external visibility of quantum technology from Thuringia within the framework of the Quantum HUB Thuringia
- Stronger networking of partners and inclusion of a new partner (MEOS)
- Strengthening of the Thuringian research landscape in the RIS working fields industrial production and systems, healthy living and health economy and information and communication technology
- Securing of young talents
Concept and Expectation ( Hypotheses):
Research with high technological demands requires not only excellent scientists but also excellent technological and equipment. The expansion of the Innovation Center ( InQuoSens ) thus takes on a key role in achieving the goals set within the framework of the research work in the Quantum HUB Thuringia. The results achieved so far within the framework of TAB research groups form an excellent scientific starting point for QHUBTh. The cross-location research support of interdisciplinary cooperation is an essential element for the sustainable networking of the actors in Jena and Ilmenau. The integration of the Frauenhofer Project Center MEOs in Erfurt and other Thuringian actors strengthens this bond and expands the expertise in a complementary way.