In our research we deal with theoretical as well as applied topics. Here are some keywords:
- Statistics of geometric objects
- Applications of measure concentration inequalities in statistics, especially for compressive sensing
- Analysis of stochastic Petri nets
In addition, we offer statistical consulting services for university staff. In teaching we cover a wide range, from basic education for mathematicians but also for computer scientists and engineers to special courses.
Statistical consulting service
Our statistical consulting services include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with study design and model selection
- Support in the analysis of existing data
- Assistance in formulating the statistical part of research proposals
- Workshops on relevant statistical topics
For further information, please visit our intranet site: https://intranet.tu-ilmenau.de/site/statconsult/.
No tutoring in statistics
The statistical consulting services are available for research projects at TU Ilmenau only; it does not provide tutoring for students in stochastics and statistics. Bachelor and Masters students may apply for a consultation if they are accompanied by their academic supervisor.
Consultations take place by appointment in room C335 (Curiebau) with M.Sc. Stefan Heyder. Please register here for an appointment.
- The consultation is free of charge for PhD students and employees of the TU Ilmenau. Only research projects of the TU Ilmenau will be advised.
- After registering and finding an appointment, you should formulate your problem precisely and write down the planned evaluation strategy. Please bring relevant literature with you to the consultation and plan up to one hour for the first meeting.
- After the consultation you are obliged to inform your supervisor / the project manager about the consultation and to give a short feedback for the quality assurance of the consultation.
- If there are still questions after the initial meeting, further appointments can be arranged.