Our team of the Council for Disablity Concerns (SBV) of the TU Ilmenau performs its duties in accordance with § 178 SGB IX on the text of the law. We are happy to advise and support you in all questions of integration into working life, in the event of health problems in working life or prolonged illness and in the design of the workplace. We help you with applications to offices and authorities and are involved in proceedings for protection against dismissal. Therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us in good time. Your questions will be treated confidentially and solutions will only be found together with you. Our common goal is to create very good working conditions for severely disabled people and people who are treated as equals by the Federal Employment Agency at our university. Among other things, the TU Ilmenau has had a mobile audio system for use at events since 2016.
Representative for Disability Concerns:
+49 3677 69-3318
1st Deputy: Katharina Trippler
After making an appointment by mail or telephone, the team of the Representative for Disability Concerns offers personal consultations in the office in the Kirchhoff Building, Gustav-Kirchhoff-Str. 1, room 1094.
1. Monitor Rules and Laws
In working life there are rules and laws that are good for people with disabilities.
Example: People with disabilities are entitled to more holidays than people without disabilities. The SBC checks whether this rule is respected.
2. Request Measures
The SBV itself makes suggestions that are good for people with disabilities.
Example: Tina is deaf. In order for her to understand all the information at meetings with her work group, she needs a sign language interpreter.
The SBV applies for measures with the responsible authorities:
- the employer
- the integration office
- the employment agency
3. Represent the Interests of Employees with Disabilities
The SBV represents the interests of people with disabilities vis-à-vis the employer. For example
The SBV negotiates with the employer and then informs the employees.
4 Support with applications
The SBV supports the employees with applications.
Example: Anna has injured her eyes in an accident. She is blind in one eye. She wants to apply for a severely disabled person's card. The SBV helps her with the application.
5. The Employer Must Inform and Consult the SBV.
The SBV has a right of participation. This means: The employer must inform the SBV about everything that concerns employees with disabilities.
- Disabled employees are to be promoted
- Disabled employees are to be dismissed
- Disabled employees are to be offered another job
Before the employer makes a decision on the matter, he must consult the SBV. The employer must inform the SBV of the decision immediately. If the employer dismisses a person with a disability without involving the SBV, the dismissal is not effective.
6. Council for Disability Concerns Attends Meetings
The SBV takes part in all meetings of
- Works Council
- Staff Council
- the committees of the councils
- Health and Safety Committee
If the SBV wants to discuss a topic that is important for one or more employees with disabilities, it can submit a motion: The SBV may be present at the vote, but may not vote. This means that the SBV does not have the right to vote on the decisions.
7. Conduct Meetings
The SBV shall hold a meeting with the persons with disabilities in the company or in the department 1 time a year. The boss should also attend. If there are important issues, the SBV may hold additional meetings. Examples of important issues:
- Part of the business is to move to another location.
- The company wants to use new technologies.
- Jobs are to be lost.
The team of the Council for Disability Concerns of the Technische Universität Ilmenau cooperates with different units and partners within and outside the university.
- Campus Familie
- Inclusion Officer
- Staff Council
- Integration Office/ Specialist Integration Service
- Agency for Work
- Inclusion Representative of the City of Ilmenau
- Commissioner for Roreigners and Disabled Persons of the Ilm District
- Thuringian State Administration Office
- Main Representative for Disabled Persons at the Thuringian Ministry for Education, Science and Culture
- BIH Federal Working Group of Integration Offices
- Working Group of the Representatives of Severely Disabled Persons of the Länder