The lecture Complex Embedded Systems (CES) is offered by the SSE and RAES groups as an elective course in summer semester as part of the Research in Computer & Systems Engineering (RCSE) study program. It is held in every summer semester primarily for the RCSE study program, and gives 5 credit points.
The lecture gives an introduction into embedded and real-time systems that are used to control and monitor numerous devices in our daily lives and industry. The module contains a weekly lecture that is shared between Prof. Ziener and Prof. Zimmermann, and talks on additional topics prepared and presented by the participating students (similar to the S&SE class). The class finishes with a written exam, which accounts for 70% of the grade, while the remaining 30% are based on the student talk.
There is a formally independent lab on embedded systems organized by the SSE group, which you can take in parallel but this is not a requirement.
- Architecture of Embedded Systems
- Embedded Systems Design
- Real-Time Systems
- Real-Time Scheduling
- Software Aspects
- Embedded Communication
- Moodle page for the lecture (registration, organization, lecture contents etc.)
- Module description of the class