Current research topics (see alsopublications, projects)
- Growth and (in situ) characterization of group III nitrides
- Semiconductor materials for photovoltaics and materials for batteries
- Study of glass degradation processes
- Surface properties of ionic liquids
- Properties of electrochemically deposited layers
- Passivation layers for electrochemical water splitting
- Defects of silicon
to explore areas such as sensor technology, optoelectronics or alternative energy technology.
The Department of Technical Physics I has an extensive pool of analytical methods for the investigation of (solid) surfaces and for the analysis of the optical and electronic properties of solids.
In close cooperation with partners, Technische Physik I tries to successfully address the arc from basic research to application-oriented questions. The intensive cooperation with the engineering sciences, especially at the Institute for Micro- and Nanotechnologies MacroNano, plays an important role in this context.