- Design and CA techniques for development and production of components, machines and precision devices
- Microsystems and nanotechnology/nanopositioning and nanomeasuring machines
- Machine, motion and assistance systems with focus on human-machine interface
- Turbulence research
- Optronic systems and applications, image processing
- High-tech materials for machine and precision equipment construction
- Energy efficiency and environmental compatibility in the production and operation of machines and vehicles
Information on research can be found on the pages of the departments,the endowed professorships, the junior research groups and the Collaborative Research Center Nanopositioning and Nanomessing Machines, which has been continued in the Competence Center Nanopositioning and Nanomessing Machines since 01.07.2013.