- Review of Regression and Statistics (1 Week; Chapter 3)
- Linear and nonlinear regression
- Model validation
- Regression analysis
- Stochastic Modelling or Time Series Analysis (6 Weeks; Chapter 5)
- Definition of time series and their properties
- Basic properties of different time series models
- Parameter estimation for time series models (Yule-Walker equations and maximum likelihood methods)
- Model validation and prediction using time series models
- Frequency-based modelling (Fourier transform)
- State-space-based modelling (Kalman filter)
- Process Identification (5 Weeks; Chapter 6)
- Definition of process identification
- Theoretical analysis of open-loop process identification
- Practical aspects of open-loop process identification
- Closed-loop process identification
- Nonlinear process identification
The English template files can be downloaded from the book website (http://extras.springer.com/2015/978-3-319-21508-2). The Excel slides for how to use the templates are provided below. The German version of the templates and the corresponding slides are also provided below. Please note that all template files, irrespective of their language, can be used on any Excel language version (the Excel language and template language need not match).
Yuri A.W. Shardt (2015). Statistics for Chemical and Process Engineers: A Modern Approach, Springer International Publishing: Cham, Switzerland. ISBN: 978-3- 319-21508-2. doi: 10.1007/978-3- 319-21509-9.
- A digital copy of the first edition can be downloaded from https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/ubilm-ebooks/detail.action?docID=4178404, when you are connected to the TU Ilmenau network (either on campus on through a VPN). A copy of the second edition can be downloaded from https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/ubilm-ebooks/detail.action?docID=6841085.
- Please check the errata et corrigenda for this book at http://yuri.shardt.me/pdf/ErrataCorrigenda.pdf.
- Lab Instructor: Aouss Gabash / Christoph Weise
- Please register for the labs using https://www1.tu-ilmenau.de/fg-at-prakt/. Important information about how to use the laboratory portal can be found in the linked file.
- All required information can be found in the above lab portal.
- The labs start in January 2022 [if possible].
- Please contact the lab instructor for any questions regarding the labs.