- Introduction to Automation Engineering (2 weeks; Chapters 1 und 2)
- What is Automation Engineering?
- The key terms
- Instrumentation, actuators, and signals
- Describing Processes (2 Weeks, Chapter 3)
- Mathematical models of systems
- Schematic representations
- Control and Automation Strategies (2 Weeks; Chapter 4)
- Setpoint Tracking
- Disturbance Rejection
- Other Strategies
- PLC Programming (4 Weeks; Chapters 5 and 6)
- Boolean algebra
- The IEC Standard
- Ladder Logic
- Instruction List
- Function Block Diagram
- Structured Text
- Sequential Function Charts
- Safety in Automation Engineering(1 Week; Chapter 7)
Mailing List for the Course
Useful files for download:
- Lab Instructor: Axel Fink
- Please register for the labs using https://www1.tu-ilmenau.de/fg-at-prakt/. Important information about how to use the laboratory portal can be found in the linked file.
- All required information can be found in the above lab portal.
- The labs will start in June 2023.
- Please contact the lab instructor for any questions regarding the labs.