New Project: 6G Campus Ilmenau - Flexibly expandable 5G campus network
We have been awarded funding to set up a flexible 5G+ campus network on the university's Ehrenberg campus.
New Project: FraudDetect - Detecting fraud in energy and water networks using smart metering
The Integrated Communication Systems group at TU Ilmenau and the spin-off Aivader GmbH are working together with Cuculus GmbH in the new joint project FraudDetect.
Best Paper Award
The paper "Trust Me: Explainable ML in Self-Organized Network Management" by Faiaz Nazmetdinov, Diego Preciado Rojas and Andreas Mitschele-Thiel won the Best Paper Award at AnNet workshop 2023 in Miami.
Research Areas and Infrastructure
Our research is focusing on the following areas:
- Network management of 5G systems, esp. the coordination of SON use cases using machine learning
- Radio resoure management, esp. for D2D communication in 5G
- Prototyping of OpenRAN solutions based on SDRs
- Copter-based UAVs, esp. for communication and localization purposes
- Development of autonomous multi-UAV systems using digital twins
We operate the following labs to validate our research: