The Scientific Advisory Board Media of the Technische Universität Ilmenau is a body of experts from politics, science and the media industry, which advises the university on questions concerning the design of media courses and initiates research cooperations. It usually meets twice a year.
The advisory board was founded in 1997 in connection with the establishment of the media degree programmes and has worked continuously with the media institutes and the university ever since.
From 2000 to 2016, the advisory board awarded the Ilmenau Media Prize. It was awarded six times during this period. The prize was initially called im@p and has been called Gläserner JOHAHN since 2013.
Tasks of the Advisory Board
The main tasks of the Media Advisory Board are:
to sharpen the educational profiles of the various media degree programmes by designing the teaching and training content in a practice-oriented manner,
to act as a bridge between students/graduates and companies in arranging internships, project work and final theses, or in taking on graduates,
to support the foundation and settlement of media companies in the vicinity of the TU Ilmenau,
to cooperate with the university on fundamental questions of innovation in the field of media.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Alexander Raake
The following persons are currently members of the Scientific Advisory Board Media of the TU Ilmenau:
- Hans-Peter Urban, Peter Urban Media Consult - Vorsitzender des Medienbeirates
- Dipl.-Ing. Maximilian Below, Studio Hamburg MCI GmbH (Geschäftsführer/ Managing Director)
- Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr.rer.nat. h.c. Karlheinz Brandenburg, Brandenburg Labs GmbH (Geschäftsführer)
- Ralf Bundrock, MCS Thüringen (Geschäftsführung)
- Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Burghardt, Fernseh- und Kinotechnische Gesellschaft (Geschäftsführer)
- Johannes Claes, ZDF Mainz (Geschäftsbereichtsleiter Informations- und Systemtechnologie; CIO)
- Jochen Fasco, Thüringer Landesmedienanstalt (Direktor)
- Alexander Gehlert, GoTo Technologies Germany GmbH (Senior Manager, RTC Video Group)
- Dr. Andreas Gladisch, Telekom (Technology Innovation)
- Markus Greiter, BFE Studio und Medien Systeme GmbH (Managing Director)
- Dr. Heiko Kieser, TechnoDigital Technologies GmbH (Geschäftsführer)
- Philipp Lawo, Lawo AG (Vorstandsvorsitzender)
- Dr. Ulrich Liebenow, Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk (Betriebsdirektor)
- Boris Lochthofen, MDR-Landesfunkhauses Thüringen (Direktor)
- Dr.-Ing. Jan Röder, VST GmbH (Geschäftsführer)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hans-Peter Schade, TU Ilmenau (Professor im Ruhestand)
- Dr. Johannes Steurer, ARRI AG (Senior Principal Future Technologies)
- M. A. Jeffrey Stroessner, Lawo AG (Director Global Events)
- Michael Tallai, FUNKE Thüringen Verlag GmbH (Geschäftsführer)
As a rule, the President of the University and various professors from the media institutes also take part in the meetings.